Now that the project is coming to a close I feel that it is necessary to summarize the experiences and highs and lows of the project. When I first started this project I had been trying to land air reverse for the past few years and this has been something that I have wanted to do since I first started surfing. The first week of the project the waves were too small to surf a shortboard, so I got some practice on a longboard. I didn’t get any opportunities to try the trick. The second week offered more swell and size to surf my shortboard and try this trick. I had some really close attempts but was struggling to ride out after I landed the trick. Unfortunately I ended up cutting up my feet pretty bad on my last wave of the session and had to stay out of the water for a while to let those cuts heal up. Week 3 had some waves but I was out of the water for a few days, so I missed the best part of the swell but got some waves later in the week. I got some of the best waves week three but the wind was blowing in the wrong direction to help me land this trick. The fourth week offered some quality waves and decent wind conditions to give me more opportunities to try this trick. I was landing hard on my left ankle (which is my injured one) and was starting to get a little worried that I might re-injure it. The final week of the project I landed really bad on my left ankle and actually re-injured it. I will be out of the water for a few weeks now and probably have to do some physical therapy to help strengthen it up so I can prevent re-injuring it. Unfortunately I didn’t reach my success criteria for this project, but I have learned a whole bunch along the way that has helped me get closer to landing it than ever before.
I used Diigo to collect my research for the inquiry questions, also I answered individual questions each week while I was working on the project.
The Diigo Link can be found here
20% project Inquiry Questions: